• Myth number 1: Copyright protects anything and everything I create.
• Myth Number 2: Copyright only protects your work if you’ve included a copyright notice or registered it with the U.S. Copyright Office.
• Myth Number 3: If someone gives something away for free or posts it online, it’s not protected by copyright.
• Myth Number 4: I only have to change 10 percent of someone else’s copyrighted item before it becomes mine.
• Myth 5: If something is out of print, it’s OK to make copies of it.
Information about each one of these myths can be found on the Craft Industry Alliance website.